Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Too Tired

I'm beat but want to list some miracles from today.

Woke up late for an appointment. Local Episcopal Carmelite
(basically a prioress who lives in a nunnery focusing on prayer)
had a morning mass, but I clearly felt God saying not to go.

That's unusal for me. I don't get a strong sense of God's will.
But I *clearly* felt that I should stay home a pray a little.

By the time I arrived, it was well after time to start, but
Sister Teresa met me in the driveway. They had been delayed.

Then she let me read the scripture... of Abram and Lot
splitting up. Abram told Lot to go wherever he wanted,
and he would take the opposite place.

This touched me as I'm looking at places to start the
new congregation... and we're limited by 'neighboring'
congregations that don't want us to go into certain areas.
I was starting to feel defensive about this, but the
story of Abram reminded me to go along and get along.

Turn the other cheek. Go the extra mile.

And we had some answers to prayers this week.

I prayed for help meeting motorcylists... we have a lot here.
And this week I met a couple who does motorcylce ministry.

I prayed for someone with whom I could discuss the
complicated details of developing the new congregation.
And then I met a church consultant who thinks like me
(though we don't always disagree) about church systems.

I prayed for the beginning of a group of men with whom
I could learn to train them to train others to be disciples.
And then I met a man who agreed to start that with me.

And finally, the Carmelite Prioress told me to come back
for tomorrow's St. John the Baptist festival mass.

John is my favorite person in the Bible, and I would love
to name the new congregation after this great prophet.

I dutifully followed her advice, and not only was it easy
to re-arrange four people's schedules to make the change,
the new schedule actually seemed to work better for everyone.

And God answered a big prayer for guidance as I met today
with three pastors of potential partner churches.

I can't put into words -- especially this tired! -- to express how
God's Spirit seems to be guiding and blessing even my mistakes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments or questions. Blessings!