Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Full Tank

I was running late and out of gas. I felt silly, but I told God that if I didn't hit empty before finding gas in the countryside, I'd add this to our miracle list. Natalie and I had kept that list for months, noting many things that happened (big and small!) as we move to Maryland to birth to a new church.

So many people are praying for us, it feels like we're floating on a mosh pit of hands lifting us up and passing us on.

The whole 'please don't let me run out of gas' prayer seemed odd and minor, but I did it anyway. It seemed right. And I've come to believe that all the little pieces matter. Even disasters can turn into something amazing.

Like this day. I met a lady through an odd series of coincidences. And it so what we needed.
There was a tornado warning. That came at just a right time to form new relationships.
The power went out... and it led to getting to know two people who I think may be our first members... wonderful people who are not part of any church... exactly who we came to gather and encourage as they explore the gifts God's given them! This led to finding a house to rent. And the night went on like that... as I did office hours in the local bar meeting people from the next state over... until I collapsed in joy back at the apartment.

It's so great to be so empty but so full.

I just go with the flow.

Sometimes I rest a soft little eddies. Sometimes God sends me out on the rapids.

Without giving details, I'll just say...
I see how the chroniclers of Jesus who spent so much time with the Miracle Master often only said, 'he went around doing miracles.'

After a while, the details of all God does gets overwhelming.

But God really is at work! And doing great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments or questions. Blessings!