Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Skipping Stones

By 2pm, I realized I'd skipped breakfast and lunch.
I just kept bouncing from one amazing encounter to another.
By the end of the day, if you asked who I met that morning, I'd say,
'Was that today? It seems like ages ago.'

So much is happening.
My concern is that I'm not managing all the information well.

Perhaps I shouldn't.
The goal of contacts is to begin forging friendships.
But it'd be great to remember later who told me what.
I need to keep records; I need help in setting up good admin!

By the end of the day, after skipping happily over the waters
like a spinning thrown stone, I just collapse in the pond and relax.
Right now, I'm just skimming.

Maybe the joy of encounters and small ripples of first impressions
will sustain me, if not with facts, at least with the fascination
that those I met made a happy little splash in my day : )

And likewise, maybe they will remember me like that feeling
you get when you skip a really good stone... that,
'yeah... that was a good one' memory.

With the peace of only a ripple that remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments or questions. Blessings!