Friday, October 9, 2009

A Little Child Will Lead Them

So the morning of the Fall Festival in Havre de Grace,
I'm running late. Only by about an hour and fifteen minutes!
But I learned long ago to not worry and just 'go with the flow.'

Everyone's setting up, behind schedule, but it's a new thing.
So I decide to just take off and visit a neighborhood.
Levin says he'll join me and off we go at 10am on a Saturday.

Doing early morning door knocks in the projects does not
sound like a great strategy for successful marketing.
But we saw this grandmother out with two little kids.

So, I ran across the parking lot before they went in.
And we invited them to the party and said there's a
jumpy thing...

(BTW, the week before the event, the Mission called
and said they'd run out of money and we could NOT
have a jumpy thing / moon bounce.

So I called a local church and they said no can do.
But then I preached there that weekend, and they
came up and gave me $300 for the Mission!

So the Mission's event person got a moon bounce
and two games for $300 delivered. But when I went to
pick it up, to save money, they said my van was not
allowed by insurance.

** see my rant entitled 'Egg Shells' **

But I walk across the street to a real estate company,
and they say I can use their moving truck for free.
Then the rental place gives me a 25% discount
without me ever even asking.

So the Mission gets $300 of stuff for $135!!
And a Moon Bounce is critical for a successful kid event.)

Back to the kids.

So, I ask the little boy, he's much younger than Levin (7)
if any of the neighbors have children.

And his grandmother let's him and his littler sister
take me and Levin all around to every one of his friends,
-- waking up moms and dads, uncles and grandmoms --
but with these little kids, no one cares.

Then we say goodbye and go join the party,
which is really doing well... until after lunchtime.

And just in the lull, I look up and around the corner
little Chris and his sister are leading a crowd of
15 people... all coming to event.

We not only made so many cross-connections with neighbors,
we learned about some things desperately needed that
we had no idea they were problems, or how to solve.

This was such a blessing... and God did so much of it,
all through a little child!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments or questions. Blessings!